Welcome to Ambi-sys 2011
The 2nd International ICST Conference on Ambient Media and Systems
24-25 March 2011 - Porto, Portugal
Ambient media and systems culminate from the emergence of mobile communication, sensor-actuator technology, virtual environments, and interactive computing. They represent the vision of an all-encompassing multimedia networking environment with human interaction at its core. Advances in computer and communication technologies have the potential to offer people an unprecedented level of convenience and flexibility for living and working. Such technologies need to be closely integrated with human interactions and activity, allowing greater support for smart solutions that improve quality of life, productivity, understanding and intelligence within their situated environment. Ambi-sys focuses on emerging technologies, services and solutions for new, human-centric intelligent ambient environments.
The conference will consist of the following major areas or tracks:
- Media and Content Provision, which is defined to cover Integration of Multimedia within ambient systems, Multi-media processing, distribution and integration, Provision and acquisition of ambient information, Privacy, trust, accountability and dependability, Cognition, intelligence, ambience, adaptivity, self-organization and evolution, Multimedia and intelligent agents.
- Communications and Networking, which will be covering Wireless communication, Ambient sensors, actuators and networking, Quality of service and system performance, Digital home and smart living, Evolve-able and adaptive pervasive systems, Scalability, integration, and ubiquity.
- Human Interface and Interaction, which covers topics including Haptic immersive environments, Vision and recognition, Visualization and display, Sensor perception technologies, Context awareness, System personalization, System and human collaboration, multimodal interaction, Brain-Computer Interfaces, Augmented Reality.
- Intelligence and Automation, which focuses on such topics as Ambient Intelligence, Services, delivery, applications and smart solutions, Multi-media knowledge management, acquisition and data fusion, Detection and knowledge elicitation, Prediction and self-learning, Middleware, Human-computer interaction in technology-rich environments, Intelligence and Automation, Automatic Behavioral Analysis.
- Applications of Ambient Systems including Ambient Assisted Living, Persuasive Ambient Media systems, Domotics, Intelligent spaces, Mobile computing.